Dhoni Will Return To Chennai Super Kings, Five Players Will Be Retain
IPL 2018 is expected to return to Chennai Super Kings. At the same time, it is almost clear from the IPL governing council’s meeting that former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni will be part of Chennai Super Kings. A team can be given the opportunity to retain their 5 players.
The team can retain its three players, while in the other two players it will have rights to a right-to-match. According to the rights to match, if the player finds a bid on the player, he can move the card to the player along with the amount of the bid.
IPL Governing Council Meeting
Members of COA also attended the IPL governing council meeting. There is also discussion on the expenditure on the teams. An official involved in the meeting said that in the meeting it is decided that the team can retain three players, apart from them, two players will have the rights to a right-to-match.
Council will send these options to Team Franchisee, which they have to decide on. At the same time, the expenditure for the purchase of team players can be increased from Rs 66 crores to Rs 80 crores. The player who has not played Uncapped (who have not played international cricket) their salaries can also be extended.
New Format Will Be Like This
- For 2018 salary cap Increased 80 crore, for 2019 82 crore and for 2020 85 crore
- If three players are retain then 1 player will be able to get 15 crore, second player 11 crore and third player 7 crore.
- If two players are retaken, then the first player will get 12.5 crore rupees and the second player will get 8.5 crore rupees.
- If the same player is retaken, then he can get a maximum of 12.5 crore rupees.
Five Players Retained Will Have To Adhere To The Following Criterion
- Maximum number of 3 Capped Indian players
- Maximum number of 2 overseas players
- Maximum number of 2 Uncapped Indian players
Player Squad Size
Franchises will be allowed to have a maximum of 25 players (earlier 27) with a maximum of eight overseas players (earlier nine) in the squad. Each team, however, must have a minimum of 18 players in its roster.
Let us know that Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals are returning from next season after the ban of two years. Clearly, in the IPL-11, Gujarat Lions and Rising Pune Super Giant will not play.